Monday, October 13, 2008

HEXAGONS


Snow and Saturn, what do these two have in common?

A HEXAGON IS FORMED ON ONE SIDE AND A CYCLONE ON THE OTHER. WHY IS THIS SHAPE SO IMPORTANT?

When water freezes, the particles of water link together to form the crystal nucleus. When the nucleus grows in a stable way into a hexagonal shape, a visible water crystal appears, but when conflict with nature is present, an incomplete crystal will be formed. - Masaru Emoto

Have I tried to reproduce Mr. Emoto's experiments? No, and I don't intend to. While I try to keep an open mind to new ideas, this one is just too outrageous. I only have limited time and resources, so I study ideas that I think are more likely to be fruitful. As we liked to say back on the farm in North Dakota -- it's good to have an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out! - Kenneth G. Libbrecht, Professor of Physics at Caltech and Chairman of the Physics Department